We all know the benefits of exercising but during pregnancy is probably one of the most important times to jump on it! Here are 5 great reasons to get moving now!
- Evidence has shown that exercise helps to develop and maintain muscular strength, flexibility and fitness to carry a pregnancy.
- Exercise prepares your body for the demands of labour and birth.
- Exercise improves and maintains overall body strength to improve posture and ease back and joint pain.
- Exercise improves circulation and sleep; you have more energy and feel better about your body during a physically and emotionally demanding time in your life.
- Research has shown that exercise can reduce the incidence of gestational diabetes and pre-eclampsia.
Combine cardiovascular exercise such as walking, running, swimming, with weight training and you will definitely reap the rewards, including a faster post birth recovery.
Need a great pregnancy exercise program you can participate in when and where it suits you? Why not enrol in our Healthy Pregnancy Course which includes safe exercises adapted to each trimester of your pregnancy.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider before engaging in an exercise program.